Tank review of the T-55A the T9 German medium tank delivered to the NVA by the Soviets in the 1960’s!
An upgraded version of the T-55 tank. The T 55A had a higher level of nuclear protection and no bow machinegun. From 1962 through 1970, about 1,800 of the T-55 and T 55A tanks were supplied to East Germany by the U.S.S.R.
The T-55A is available as a reward for completing the third set of Personal Missions.
Pros and Cons
- Similar, yet superior gun to the T-54 in many soft stats
- Superior terrain resistance to T-54 makes acceleration on-par and traverse even better
- Superior view range to T-54
- Retains excellent turret armor of T-54
- Compatible with german medium tank crews
- Weaker hull armor than T-54, similar to WZ-120
- Slower uphill speed than T-54 due to lower pw/wt ratio and lower top speed
- Bad gun depression and elevation, penetration with AP is rather low
- Prone to driver death and ammo rack damage