The T8 Chinese heavy tank the 110 gets the QuickTank Review treatment!
From the mid-1940s to the 1950s, Soviet engineers attempted to modernize the IS-2 tank. The IS-2U variant, developed in November 1944, was conceived to have a reinforced frontal hull with a plate configuration resembling that of the IS-3. In the mid-1950s the design project was passed to China and became the basis for further Chinese tank development.
Pros and Cons
- Very bouncy front hull and the upgraded turret is very tough
- Strong pike nose armor has good ramming quality against medium or light tanks, with a rather strong lower plate
- Good top speed and mobility for a heavy
- Above average accuracy, rate of fire, and DPM
- View port blocks potential weak spot
- Front pre-angled hull becomes very weak if you angle it
- Weak side armor; does not have spaced side armor like the IS-3
- Very brittle fuel tanks that easily catch fire
- Poor gun depression, although it surpasses the IS-3
- Expensive shell for a 100mm gun