Change the sound of your tanks and feel the real experience of the historic battle.
Historic battle sound mod for world of tanks 9.13
This is a engine sound mod pack that modifies the exisitng sounds in World of Tanks to more realistic or improved sounds.
Gnomefather’s engine sound
NOTE: If you have installed previous versions of this mod, remove EVERY single file with “vehicles” in its name in the audio folder before installing.
To ensure proper installation do the following :
- Make a backup of “world_of_tanksresaudio” folder.
- Extract the “res” and “res_mods” folder from the archive into the world of tanks main folder,
- Allow overwriting once you are done with the previous step.
If you want to change a sound to something else in this mod, then do the following:
- Go to res_mods/0.x.x/scripts/item_defs/vehicles/[nation of the engine that got the desired sound]/components/engines.xml
- Search for the engine that got the sound that you want. If you can’t find it, go to res/scripts/item_defs/vehicles/[nation of the engine that got the desired sound]/ and open the [tank of the engine].xml with WoT-tools, and search for the line where it specifies the engines and see what it’s called, so you can find its string name in the engines.xml. You can get WoT-tools from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?a0s5np8s5yfalk5
- Find vehicles(_x)/tanks/x/x and copy “vehicles(_x)/tanks/x/x”
- Do exactly as step 1. and 2., except that this time you may want to find the engine that you want to change.
- Find vehicles(_y)/tanks/y/y and replace “vehicles(_y)/tanks/y/y” with “vehicles(_x)/tanks/x/x”
- Then you are done!
HOW TO UPDATE:
Download the latest version of mod (down below), and copy again. Clean Installation is not required, unless you encounter problems.
Delete audio files located in res and restore original res file.